FLYPAST / AIR SHOW BY INDIAN AIR FORCE on 6th & 8th October
- Indian Air Force is conducting practice flypast on 3, 4 & 6 Oct 22 at Sukhna lake, Chandigarh from 4 pm to 5:15 pm for its final show on Air Force Day. i.e 8 Oct.
- It is open to the entire public for witnessing it on all these days.
- Although the final show is on 8 Oct in the presence of the Hon’ble President of India but it is advisable to watch it leisurely on the practice days on 3,4 & 6 Oct from 4 to 5:15 pm.
- It is attracting an huge crowd even on the practice days so be seated on time & cater for the parking of your vehicle. Try to watch it from the famous “Peepal ka Tree” side or from the main entrance side.
- All moderns aircrafts including Rafale, SU 30s, Jaguars, MIG 29s, Globemaster C 17, IL 76, Chinooks, Apaches ,Mi-17, Suryakirans ( Suryakiran Aerobatics Team: SKAT), Sarang are demonstrating in this exclusive event of 73 minutes.
- It is advised that don’t wait for 8 Oct where on that day, there can be huge traffic issues, parking hassles & paucity of seating arrangement ( to reach 60 to 90 mins in advance at the venue)
Get Your Entry Passes for Chandigarh Air Show from Chandigarh Tourism App
You can get entry passes on the “Chandigarh Tourism App” for the Indian Air Force show to be held at Sukhna Lake on October 6 and 8. This show will include advance fighter jets, transport aircraft, elicopters and Suryakiran aerobatics team.
How to book the passes:
- Download Chandigarh Tourism App from Google Play Store
- After installing the App, you need to register/login
- After registering or signing up, tap on the events section.
- Select “Chandigarh Air Show” event.
- Click on the “Obtain Entry Pass” option
- Select Date of Air Show. You can only choose one day out of 6th Oct & 8th Oct.
- Select the Alighting point from where you will board the shuttle bus.
- Fill in your details and add another attendee. Only 2 persons can be added from one mobile number.
- Tap on the “Perform Payment Button”. Total Rs 40 (for you and the another attendee) to be paid.
- Select the payment option and complete the process to obtain your entry pass.
Shutter Buses Service Points in Chandigarh
Book according to your area, your vehicles will be parked there, CTU buses will be parked here, 12 to 1 o’clock slot time
AL-1 (there will be such a code on the pass) Three points in Sector-26. Strawberry School, Vacant Space near Water Works and Polytechnic Football Ground.
AL-2 Parade Ground, Sector-17 and Open Ground Shivalik Hotel Sector-17
AL-3 Rally Ground Sector-25
AL-4 Mandi Ground Sector-43, Backside AL-5 of Shishu Niketan School Sector-43
AL-5 Sector-34 Mela Ground
AL-6 Railway Colony Ground, Manimajra
AL-7 In the parking lot from Housing Board Light Point to Fun Republic Light Point
AL-8 Housing Board Manimajra Dussehra Ground
AL-9 Opposite Uppal Society, Kalagram
AL-10 Open Ground Near Kalagram Restaurant
AL-11 In the parking area adjacent to Lalit Hotel and DT Mall IT Park
Entire Sukhna Lake area is divided into 7 zones with separate entry stairs
Mandatory Guidelines For the Chandigarh Air Show
- Bring a valid photo ID proof along with the entry pass. Without these, you will not be allowed to enter Sukhna Lake.
- There will be earmarked parking spaces across the city where people with the bookings will be asked to come and park their vehicles.
- Show the QR code issued on the entry pass while boarding the CTU shuttle bus.
- Buses will take visitors to their designated locations at Sukhna Lake
- Buses will bring them back to the designated parking areas after the show concludes.
- The shuttle service to not be allowed after 2 pm.
What is allowed?
- Only Transparent Water Bottles are allowed.
What is not allowed?
- Edible Items
- Any bag or other item
- Personal Vehicles nearby Sukhna Lake
Entry Date : 6th October 2022, 8th October 2022
Event Timings : 2:30pm – 5: 30 pm
Registration Open Until : 6th October, 1:30pm
Capacity of People Each Day : About 35,000