Bus Stands in Chandigarh
Sector 43 Bus Stand Chandigarh
Chandigarh has never failed to amaze people with its well-planned strategies. The authorities put their best efforts forward to ensure that the functionality of the city remains unaffected. One such strategy that helped this city to become more organized was to come up with the idea of Sector 43 bus stand Chandigarh. For many years, the local and interstate buses were running from the one and only Chandigarh bus stand in sector-17, However, with time the need to decongest the traffic was felt, and that is when the administration planned to construct ISBT 43.
About Chandigarh 43 Bus Stand
The ISBT 43 became operational in 2008, with the idea of shifting the local as well as interstate bus services to the same. However, with the delay in construction, the plan was halted, and later it was decided that both bus stands will remain operational, and there will be a split of traffic between the two. The buses for Punjab, Haryana, Uttrakhand via Ponta sahib, Jammu and Kashmir, and Himachal got their base in 43 sector bus stand, while the buses for all the other locations are still to be boarded from sector-17.
Key points about ISBT 43
- The Chandigarh transport undertaking is managing and taking care of all the affairs of the Chandigarh bus stand.
- The ISBT-43 has more than 25 bays for the ease of travellers.
- There is a separate stand for local and inter-state buses to avoid any confusion amongst travellers.
- The building of sector 43 Bus Stand Chandigarh is two-storey, with all the public amenities. From ATM to cafe, and from police check post to lodge for an overnight stay, everything is available at the bus stand. The bus stand also has a cloakroom facility for the ease of passengers.
- The best part about the ISBT 43 is its location, as it is just opposite to the judicial academy and thus is equipped with round-the-clock security.
- The 43 sector Bus Stand is operational 24 hours. However, the number of buses running after 8 to different states may fall.
- The Bus Stand is open for all kinds of private, CTU, air-conditioned, and non-air-conditioned buses.
- There is ample parking space in the same vicinity. The bus Stand also has provision for those who park their vehicles on daily basis to commute for their job to different states.
- Transport facilities like rickshaws, auto-rickshaws, and cabs are available in front of the ISBT 43 round the clock.
- The CTU has also come up with the app, wherein you can check the schedule of all the local buses.
The ISBT-43 is one well-maintained bus stand of Chandigarh and is always on the improvement spree for the ease and convenience of the passengers.
For any queries, you can contact the officials at the number below. The timings for the enquiry are 5.00 am to 9.00 pm.
43 Bus Stand Contact Number – 0172-2624413
ISBT Sector 17 Chandigarh
Sector-17 Chandigarh is one of the oldest sectors of the town, and so is the sector 17 bus stand. There was a time when there was only one bus stand in Chandigarh, and all the local as well as interstate buses used to travel from this point. The ISBT Sector 17 Chandigarh has always been a landmark bus stand for the kind of services and facilities it provides to travellers. The CTU came into existence in 1966 with only 30 buses, but over time the fleet is now almost 420 buses long.
About Sector 17 Chandigarh bus stand
The ISBT 17 has always been a part of the union territory. However, around 2007 looking at the hustle of sector-17, it was decided to shift the entire bus stand to sector-43. But with the delay in construction and no evident plans for Sector 17 Chandigarh bus stand, it was later decided to split the traffic rather than shifting the entire base. The speculations were that the vacant sector-17 bus stand may invite squatters and may create chaos in town. Thus, it was planned that all the buses travelling via Ambala have to be boarded from sector 17. For the rest of the buses travelling to Punjab and Haryana, the base was shifted to ISBT-43.
Key points about ISBT sector 17 Chandigarh.
- Both ISBT 43 and ISBT 17 are managed and run by Chandigarh transport undertaking. The workshop of CTU has located in the industrial area of Chandigarh.
- location of the sector 17 bus stand has always been a plus point. Its proximity to all the tourist places of Chandigarh is minimal. The famous Rose garden, shopping plaza sector-17 and the famous sector-22 market are within walking distance.
- The parade ground is adjoining to the bus stand.
- Just opposite the bus stand, there is a huge sector-17 market. For the ease of travellers, there is a subway through which the pedestrians can walk easily.
- The round the clock parking facility is available, with the provision of a monthly pass for daily commuters.
- There is a separate station for local and inter-state buses.
- Inter-state buses are available 24 hours, however, the frequency and the number of buses may reduce after 9.00 pm.
- There are multiple cafes, ATMs, restrooms, clean washrooms, and book shops are available within the vicinity.
- The railway station is 7 km away from the ISBT 17, whereas the airport is around the distance of 10 km.
- The ISBT 17 also has the facility of cloakroom for the ease of long-distance travellers.
- There are various affordable hotels just across the road for people travelling from far off places.
- During the pandemic, the famous Anaaj mandi of sector 26 got shifted to sector 17 bus stand.
- The ISBT 17 is the host of all kinds of private, CTU, Volvo, non-AC, and AC buses.
24 hours police check post and women’s helpline is available at the bus stand.
The structure may have gone old, but the CTU is trying its best to provide quality services to all the residents and non-residents of the town.
For any Chandigarh bus stand query, you can contact the Station supervisor from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. Also, you can download the CTU app for the detailed schedule of local buses.
Sector 17 Bus Stand Contact Number: 0172-2700006
Mohali Bus Stand
With the establishment of the Mohali bus stand, now the Tricity is blessed with three inter-state bus stands for the ease of the travellers. All the residents of Mohali and Kharar were eagerly waiting for the new Mohali bus stand, as earlier the travellers either had to go to the ISBT-43 or to Kumbra Chowk to board the bus for adjoining states of Punjab.
About ISBT Mohali
The Mohali bus stand has always been a dream project Shiromani Akali Dal Government. From the layout to infrastructure is a treat to watch, as it has all the modern amenities and is designed keeping in mind the comfort of the travellers. The ISBT Mohali is one of its kinds in Tricity and looks more like a shopping complex. This 300 crore project was inaugurated in 2016 by the deputy chief minister of that time Sh. Sukhbir Singh Badal.
Key points about ISBT Mohali
- The bus stand is named after the Sikh General Baba Banda Singh Bahadur.
- It is one of the first AC inter-state bus terminus. It is equipped with all the modern infrastructure and technology that the old bus stand Mohali always lacked. It is said that the facilities like free wifi, online ticketing, cyber cafes, tourist information booth will be provided in the vicinity.
- It is designed and constructed in a way to facilitate around 2000 buses in a day.
- It also has a provision to park around 90-95 buses over the night.
- The bus stand is to facilitate and enhance the connectivity to the adjoining states of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.
- The bus stand will also have 20 storeys adjoining building for office spaces and shopping mall.
The main objective of the ISBT Mohali is to provide convenience, accessibility and efficiency to travellers. It also aims at making the bus stand easily accessible to differently-abled people.
However, even after four years of the inauguration, the operations are still under halt. Still, the expectations are high from this technology-equipped bus stand.
Mohali Bus Stand Address:
Phase 6 (Sector 56), Mohali Punjab (Opposite Verka plant)
Mohali Bus Stand Enquire number: 0172-2606672
Most Liked Places
Explore Related Transport
Chandigarh is the favourite place to spend vacations and quality time with loved ones. Thanks to the railway connectivity, travelling to the Tricit...
Technology has blessed us in many ways. It has made our life convenient and stress-free. One area where technology is playing a vital role in savin...